1. What is a storage space suitable for?
Storage units offer the perfect opportunity to keep your belongings safe and are ideal for those times when you are renovating your home, moving house or need storage space for equipment, bikes, cars.
But what exactly can you put in a storage space?
From storing seasonal clothes to cars, bikes, scooters, storage spaces provide extra space when you need it most.
However, there are a number of items you are not allowed to keep in a storage space and it is important to make sure you understand the restrictions before you pack your things.
To help you out, we’ve answered people who want to know what items they can store. Here’s what you need to know.
Can I store food and drinks in my storage space?
For those who live in smaller spaces or lack extra space, a storage unit may seem like the ideal place to store extra food or products with long expiration dates.
However, leaving perishables in the storage unit can cause a number of problems.
- What’s Allowed: Use the storage space to store kitchen equipment and other less-used items around your home
- Don’ts: Store food or perishables in the storage unit. Not only can they cause mold or bacteria to grow, but they can also attract rodents.
Can I keep live animals in a storage unit?
Although it might seem obvious, there are a number of people who still wonder about using storage units to keep animals, but you can’t keep anything that needs light, food and water to survive in a storage unit.
- What is allowed: use the storage space to store spare accessories, the cage or toys.
- Don’ts: keep any live animals in your storage unit, it is inhumane, illegal and you can be prosecuted.
Can I keep cash in a storage unit?
While the storage units are secure, we discourage storing any valuables or cash inside your box. Instead, keep your money at the bank or in a suitable safe at home.
- What is allowed: use the box to store items such as furniture, clothing, household items or technology.
- Don’ts: Don’t keep cash or high-value items like jewelry in your car, as most insurance policies won’t cover them if something happens. Instead, for optimal security, they should be stored in a safe.
2. What you need to know before moving your things into a storage box
In addition to the actual storage of goods, there are several steps that must be followed before and after this action.
Most companies offer both moving and packing services, services that make it easier for you to move your belongings into storage.
Consider the type of items you need to move and the length of time your items may need to be stored, and then make the most appropriate decision.
If you are considering packing and transporting the goods yourself to the storage space, you must take care that they are not damaged, properly packed so that they do not rust, spoil or damage during transport or storage.
The best idea is to choose a storage space that also offers shipping service.
We can take care of transport from and to the warehouse.
Call now for a price quote.
Preparation for moving day
It’s a great idea to label the boxes with the contents to make unpacking easier.
Make sure you have completed all the tasks you are responsible for the night before the move, for example removing any furniture or taking photographs.
If you need help taking down furniture or other items, we can take care of that too!
When the crew arrives, show them the items that need to be picked up or notify them of anything that needs to be dismantled. We will take care of this with no problem!
Our staff will ensure that all fragile items are properly packed and will handle them with the utmost care.
This helps reduce the risk of damage, breakage, breakage.
How much does storage cost?
The cost of storage is different from that of transport and will depend on:
- How much storage space do you need
- The length of time you need storage
Do you need a storage space?
Choose a space of the size you need and move your things safely!